Sunday, November 25, 2012

Week 17- In control



Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
       - Jim Rohn

 I have had great joys and sorrows this week.  Before I blog about my joys I want to take a moment to give honor to a great man who lost his battle with cancer.  His passing really rocked me because his wife and my dear friend Jennifer loved her Superman Doug with all her heart.  I see so much of my relationship with Ron in their relationship and the heartache she must be feeling is overwhelming for me.  I also feel for the children and all those who were lucky to know and love and be touched by Doug's influence.  He was a great, great man!


Now on to the positive and the joys.  This was Thanksgiving week and I am overjoyed by the new me.  I was so in control, ate small amounts, nothing bad, and I did lose.  I can't remember a Thanksgiving weekend where I have EVER lost.  I usually gave up and would say I will try after Thanksgiving is over.  But then Christmas would sneak up and I gained even more with all the candy and Holiday parties.  IThen January 1st rolled around and the usual New Year's resolution was to watch what I ate, exercise, and lose weight.  This year I had no real desire to overeat.  I didn't even cook.  We ordered our meal from Shari's.  It was very low-key and the festivities had very little to do with the eating.  Ron and I enjoyed a good movie next to a roaring fire.  It was a very pleasant day.

Though I did lose I only lost 1.5 pounds this week.  At first I was a little discouraged but I noticed clothes were hanging even more than usual.  Lost Sunday I tried on a pair of pants I had bought in a size 20.  (I started at a size 26/28).  These jeans were inches from being zipped up just a week ago.  However I thought what the heck, I'll try them on anyway.  They had no trouble zipping up and fit!  Now that was obviously not because of a 1.5 pound loss.  So I guess I need to realize it's not all about the scale.  I can have success with the size and in the long run isn't that more important?  People don't see the scale but they do see your size.


   
Friday I took the time to decorate the house for Christmas.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Christmas and what a joy I got from making the new home look festive.  There were bumps along the way and I ultimately had to buy a new tree, but in the long run, it was perfect!  I could sit and stare at the tree all day and all night long.  

  Here is this weeks picture.  As a disclaimer this picture is taken after a very long, long day.  I left the house a little after 10 AM and I was doing church work until 5 PM.  I didn't even eat or drink until I got home at 5 PM.  I was beat.  So this was taken today, Sunday November 25th.  I am down 90.5 pounds and weigh 239.5.  Again it was just a 1.5 pound loss but it was a loss nonetheless and over Thanksgiving weekend.  I feel so in control and am thrilled by that fact.

6 comments:

  1. You look incredible, my little friend. I can't believe how thin your neck and face are looking. I don't even need to ask how you're feeling because that smile says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and p.s., your Christmas tree looks beautiful. I didn't see my present underneath, but I guess there's still time for that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're way overdue for an update. I keep checking back here and am disappointed when there's nothing new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I decided to do a once a month update because my life is so boring. I will do one this weekend. :D Thanks for following me. I'll post all month's pics though each time I update. Right now I'm on a 2 week stall, but that's to be expected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'll be patient. I just don't want you to stop updating because I really enjoy reading about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really, really, really enjoy reading about your journey -- even when it's uneventful.

    ReplyDelete