Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Week 15


It seems I never have enough time to get all the things I want to do done.  My blog is one of those items on my never ending lists of things I must update.  I'm sorry to my friends that keep asking me when a new post will be added.

Moving is never easy and after almost 20 years in my old home one can only imagine the accumulation of pure junk there is.  What is even more amazing to me is the filth I'm finding under heavy furniture that doesn't get moved very often.  The filth is thick and gross and it really makes me feel so dirty.  I can't believe I was living with it.

I can't help but to use the move as a metaphor for my weight loss journey.  I have been in my overweight body for even longer than the 20 years at my old address. I have accumulated more junk not only in the trunk but all over my body.  Being that my body was so heavy I didn't move it often to clean under it. Moving to the new address feels like a great new start.  And what's even better is it feels so clean and helps me be motivated to keep it this way.  Ron and I are both feeling like we want to stay as minimalistic as we can.  Isn't this a great way to treat our bodies as well?  I want to keep the junk out of my body and keep myself clean and healthy.  Moving my body and cleaning the cobwebs and dust away on a daily basis is the best way to keep my transformation on the right track.  Doing this makes me feel fantastic and I hope to always feel like this.

I have many friends that have had the surgery around the same time as myself.  One of the biggest dangers I keep facing is comparing my weight loss to theirs.  I don't lose quite as quickly and haven't for probably the last 5 years of my life; ever since I started perimenopause.  What I'm learning is I can't focus on their losses, but stay focused on my accomplishments no matter how big or small they are.  I am moving in the right direction and this is a lifelong commitment   It's okay to be the tortoise and not the hare.  I will never, never, never give up.  I AM creating myself!  I am confidently moving in the direction of my dreams and living the life that I've imagined.  I am very, very happy with how well I have done.


Sunday, Novemeber 11, 2012  246 pounds  (84 pounds lost)
 

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great. I can't believe EIGHTY FOUR POUNDS!! That's incredible (just in case you don't know!). The smile on your face tells the story and I'm delighted that you're well on your way to a healthy weight.

    ReplyDelete