Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Time flies....


Wednesday May 8, 2013

It's been a long time since I have updated this blog.  Part of the reason I stopped updating my blog regularly is because I felt that my weight loss was going so slow now.  Checking my last post it shows it was on January 13th and I was 223.5 pounds.  Three and a half months later I am now 199.5 pounds.  Yes, that isn't super fast but it a constant forward progress.  My goal has changed to a mere 5 pounds a month.  Last month I fell just shy with a 4.5 pound loss.  But this adds up.  If I were to accomplish this goal each month I could weigh 169 in 6 months.  I don't know if this is realistic but it is something to work towards.  And like my inspirational quote above states, no matter how slow I go I'm still lapping everybody on the couch!  Yay, me!!!!!

It is so fun to be part of life.  I knew being obese stopped me from particpating fully in life, but I didn't realize how restricted my old life was.  I have a lot more courage to jump in and just do.  The fear is still there but fades into the background.  I feel more confident and capable all the time.  Ron and I have been embracing our new bodies and trying to enjoy life to the fullest.

I've always been a bit of a clothes fiend, but now that I'm out of fat women stores it's released a whole new monster.  I LOVE shopping!  I actually own a lot of shoes now which I never have before.  I have an organized closet full of cute and fun clothes.  I love dressing up and accessorizing.  Who knew looking good could bring such a high.  I went from a size 28 to a current size 16 in pants and 14/16 top. 

As of now the only medical problem I have is thickening of the endometrial lining.  I take progesterone for 10 days once a month but just for 3 more months.  Other than that the only meds I take are vitamins and supplements.  My skin is starting to glow again.  My hair is growing in thicker.  I'm trying to grow it out and try new styles.  I acquired solar nails.  I'm becoming a real woman.  LOL

Saturday we took a trip to Crater Lake.  Here I've lived in Oregon most of my life and I'd never been there.  What a real treat.  From there we went to see Mount Shasta.  Gorgeous!  We drove 930 miles in 2 days and saw all the beauty Oregon had to offer.  When I was heavier being in the car that long would have killed me.  But I loved our road trip and can't wait to do it again, especially when the convertible gets here.  At the hotel we enjoyed the hot tub and swimming.  Wasn't happening when I was plus 300 pounds.  A lady sitting next to me was over 300 pounds and I shared with her my weight loss journey and I hoped I inspired her to check out gastric bypass.



For any one of my friends reading my blog who has co-morbidities and has a BMI over 36, I encourage you to run to Salem Bariatric Clinic and meet with the fantastic staff there.  I have a dear friend that just had her surgery a few weeks ago and another who is scheduled at the end of May.  I can testify this was the best thing that I have ever done and Ron would echo those sentiments.  My only regret is I didn't do this years ago and could have gained those lost years and replace them with healthier happier years.

I would like to take a moment and thank the people in my life that have been such an encouragement and support.  This has not been easy but it's been made easier by so many great family and friends.  I treasure each of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment