Tuesday, October 2, 2012

New Moon Rising...Week 9

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.   Aristotle


I wanted to add the quote above because as I settle into my normal daily routine the most important thing I can do to achieve excellence is repeatedly make good choices which then become habit!  I am settling into my new way of life very well and though I can't say it's easy, it's doable.

Beverly Beach, Oregon Coast  September 29, 2012

Friday was my 48th birthday and the way I celebrated was by making cupcakes for my daycare children, burning Scentsy "birthday cake" scent, and then going camping.  We had a great time at Beverly Beach campground.  So much so that I think this has become my new favorite.  The weather was fantastic and we had it all; trails that looked like the mountains and then of course the ocean/beach.  What more can you ask for? 

A little critter on one of the trails we walked at Beverly Beach

Saturday we walked a LOT!  We took every trail and walked every road just to see the campgrounds.  We then walked the beach and enjoyed the ocean.  Later that day we went to Mo's and got some clam chowder and garlic bread.  I did eat some chowder just not very much.  It's such a treat to eat old favorites but then be able to be satisfied with just a few bites.  

Sunset at Beverly Beach- Oregon Coast  September 20, 2012

Saturday evening we tried to walk back to the beach to see the sunset but Ron's leg was really aggravating him again.  I told him it seems bizarre that before it was me who always held back our physical outings, now it's him.  I was ready to walk forever.  I hope physical therapy helps him.  He tries so hard not to complain but it really hurts him.

While we were at the beach we went to Fred Meyer in Newport.  They were having their clearance of clothes and I decided since the 22 pants were getting big quickly even though I just bought them a week ago that I would buy 20's just to be ready.  So I bought one pair of 20's and the crazy thing was, they fit.  When I went grocery shopping Monday I bought a pair of 20 jeans but they are still too tight so I believe it's just because the first pair were a stretch material.  But the new jeans are not far off.  It's always a great treat to be looking forward to a new smaller size.

My goal for this week is to up my exercising and to be more consistent with it.  I want to make my exercising a habit of excellence.

I had a moment this evening that really made me step back to analyze my feeling on my weight loss.  The last few months I have felt so much lighter and almost skinny.  As the clothes and scale have been going down and down and down, all I have had is positive thoughts.  But then this evening I took a good look at where I really am and it was downright depressing.  I am NOT skinny.  I am very, very overweight still.  It was almost like I just discovered this fact.  Yes, I have lost over 71 pounds, but I have over a hundred more to lose.  That can put a damper on one's enthusiasm.  So to bring up my morale here's one more quote for me.

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
October 2, 2012  259

5 comments:

  1. You are beautiful ... you are incredible ... and you really are shrinking!!! This latest picture really grabbed my attention. I'm so starting to see the progress. You may have a long way to go, but just look at how far you've come. Yay on you, Miss Laura. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the BEST support a friend could ask for. I HATE that picture because it was taken at 9:40 PM last night and I was so tired and worn out from our day. Also the shirt was really, really big and doesn't show all my weight loss. But I knew I needed to get my blog up and stop postponing it. We have just been so busy. I actually had to pull Ron out of bed to take my picture. LOL But thank you for the kind compliments and your overall support. I adore you Miss Carolyn. PS I love that name too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I sure don't hate the picture. It looks like you're really, really shrinking. That's the first photo I've seen where I was absolutely floored at the difference. See? It's really starting to happen now. You are looking awesome and I'm so proud of you.

    Oh, and I adore you as well. You are the sweetest friend ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You put a new picture up ... you stinker. I love the blouse in this one. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who was it that said "There is no reality only perception"? I think after losing over 70 pounds, that your perception of how you move and take up space in the physical world would be MUCH more that of being "skinny" than if you were a "thinner" woman who had just lost 10 or 20 pounds. Weight is like age, its all relative.

    I agree with Carolyn, the weight loss is just jumping out of the pictures!!!

    love you,
    Indie

    ReplyDelete